Beauty isn’t just about makeup. There are other ways you can boost your look, such as grooming brows or moisturizing lips.
For silky smooth skin that looks practically Photoshopped, use a primer that smoothes the canvas before applying foundation. Similarly, a tinted moisturizer can brighten and even out your complexion without clogging pores.
Whether you’re a makeup novice or a beauty fanatic, there are always ways to improve your look. We’ve rounded up some of the best tips from editors, experts and professional makeup artists that you can easily integrate into your daily routine – from how to make nail polish dry faster to how to draw the perfect cat eye.
1. Prep your skin: A light foundation or BB cream, concealer to even out skin tone, a swipe of mascara and a pop of lip color is all you need for a natural-looking finish. Before applying, swatch a few shades on your jawline or wrist to find one that matches your complexion seamlessly.
2. Use the tiniest bit of powder just in your t-zone to keep you looking fresh and matte throughout the day. Too much powder will highlight wrinkles and fine lines, so only add a little to avoid looking cakey.
3. Line your bottom inner lid with beige instead of black eyeliner for a more natural, wide-awake appearance. This trick works on any eye color, but it’s particularly useful if you have droopy eyes because it will give them a natural lift without making them appear too dramatic.
4. Keep your brushes clean: If you’re a regular makeup wearer, washing your makeup tools is essential for avoiding breakouts and preventing infections. Try using a cleansing balm and washcloth to remove makeup (it’s more effective than just using wipes). Also, be sure to use separate face and eye makeup brushes to avoid cross-contamination.
5. Drink water: This simple hack is a beauty secret that many people ignore. It’s essential for hydrating the skin and keeping it healthy.
6. Exercising: Not only is exercise a great way to stay fit, it’s also the best beauty hack for getting glowing skin. It increases blood flow to the skin and clears toxins, so you’ll be looking and feeling your best in no time.
7. Don’t pump your mascara: Instead, gently roll the wand in and out of the tube to distribute the product evenly. Pumping the wand can cause air to enter, shortening the life of your mascara.
Whether you’re a makeup pro or a total newbie, there are always little beauty hacks that can help you look and feel your best. Whether it’s perfecting your cat eye or giving your nails a super-smooth coat of polish, these easy-to-follow tips will make all the difference in your beauty game!
To make any eyeshadow shade pop, apply a white liner pencil over your entire lid before putting on the color of your choice. This will intensify the hue and give it a more opaque coverage. You can also use a dark brown or navy blue eyeliner for a more dramatic effect.
Don’t forget to tight-line your lower lash line to create the illusion of bigger eyes. It’s also a great way to define your eyes and help prevent raccoon-eye shadow. If you’re worried about smudging your eyeliner, bring along a small brush and some makeup remover with you so you can quickly fix any mistakes.
If you have hooded eyes, try blending a lighter colored eyeshadow in the outer corner of your lid to open up the space for your eyes. You can also experiment with different wing styles to flatter your eye shape. If you have round eyes, you can use a darker colored eyeshadow to define your crease and add depth to the lid. You can even tight-line your upper lid and smoke out the wing for a bold look.
Having gorgeous looking, healthy-looking eyes is one of the most important beauty traits you can have, so take care of them! Keeping them moisturized with anti-redness or eye drops will keep them looking bright and fresh. Also, don’t forget to wear mascara on a regular basis! It’s a simple, quick trick that will instantly brighten your look and enhance the appearance of your natural lashes.
Getting enough sleep is crucial to maintaining your beauty and health. Not only does it rebalance your body’s hydration, but it also helps boost blood flow to the skin so you wake up with a radiant glow. Investing in a good quality pillowcase and using a humidifier can also greatly improve the condition of your skin.
As most girls know, healthy skin is essential for a gorgeous look. A good diet and hydration are key, but there are other beauty tips that help you achieve radiant, glowing skin, too. Whether it’s simple tricks like always washing your hands or regularly cleaning your makeup brushes, these helpful skincare hacks can make a big difference in the way you look and feel. Moreover, you can also opt to have laser hair removal if you wanna reduce unwanted hair.
Many of these easy beauty tips and tricks are common sense, but it’s important to refresh our memory of them from time to time to make sure we don’t fall out of the habit. For example, if you have oily skin it’s crucial to use the right cleanser for your needs, and remember that a moisturizer should be the last step in your skincare routine (not the first).
Another common sense tip is to avoid too much layered skincare on the face. Layering on multiple products can be harsh on the skin, and it can cause clogged pores and breakouts. Lastly, don’t forget to apply SPF every day — it’s a lot easier to prevent sun damage than it is to treat it later on. Try a broad spectrum SPF that contains a light tint for an even look.